I swear that I’m going to get back to crazy SJWs and goofy shit I see on Twitter later today. Politics and shootings are starting to wear me down. But, I don’t control the news and I feel like this is the biggest thing happening in the country right now. So, I have to do it.

An officer in St. Louis has been shot and we are awaiting word as to the circumstances of that event. We were one of the first ones to talk about it on Twitter due to one of my associates getting some inside info.

RT is reporting this

A weapon was recovered. Police described the suspect as a tall, thin African-American male wearing a gray T-shirt and blue jeans, and driving a blue Ford Taurus with Illinois temporary tags, according to KTVI.


More, from that same affiliate

Authorities are investigating after a police officer was shot during a traffic stop Friday morning in west St. Louis County. It happened shortly before 11 a.m. near the 300 block of New Ballwin Road. According to our partners at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the wound was in the neck.

The officer, who works for the Ballwin Police Department, was transported to a local hospital for treatment. His condition is unknown at this time.

The suspect was apprehended a short time later in the 800 block of Burgundy Lane after a foot pursuit. A weapon was recovered.



UPDATE: We have more info now

The St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has charged a 31-year old man in connection with the shooting of a Ballwin police officer.

The suspect, identified as Antonio Taylor, was charged with first-degree assault of a law enforcement officer, armed criminal action, and being a felon in possession of a weapon.

The incident happened around 11 a.m. in the 300 block of New Ballwin Road. The officer, a 9-year police veteran, pulled over a vehicle on a routine traffic stop. As the officer returned to his squad car, the suspect exited his car and shot the officer.

St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch said the suspect walked up to the officer, who by this time was on the ground, and shot him again.

The suspect fled the scene before leaving his car abandoned. He was apprehended after a short foot pursuit.

The officer was rushed to a local hospital for treatment. He’d been with the Ballwin Police Department approximately 2 years prior to the shooting.

Taylor, who was arrested about 30 minutes after the shooting, remains in custody on $500,000 bond.